[SHR-t] navit crashes with Reiseplanner maps while searching for a town

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 16:43:29 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 04:25:37PM +0100, KaZeR wrote:
> Le 28/01/2010 15:47, neo at el-hennig.de a écrit :
> >> There is a bug open at navit's bugtracker about that :
> >> http://trac.navit-project.org/ticket/524
> >>
> >> This is a regression since rev 2844. I'm personally using a rev26?? on
> >> my FR, with reiseplanner maps, without this issue.
> >>
> >> The patch in the ticket has been applied, please try with rev 2934+ and
> >> report.
> >
> > This is not only true for MP maps but for OSM maps as well, at least with my navit installation (latest from SHR-u feed: rev 2902).
> >
> > Hopefully this is updated soon...
>
> Then this is probably another issue for you, because the regression in
> M&G (reiseplanner) was caused by the use of new tags in OSM which
> weren't added to M&G.
> Does your OSM map version match navit's revision? If you use an old OSM
> map, or a newer OSM map with a given revision of navit, it may fail to
> work because of changes in the datas.
>
> BTW : there are daily build of navit for the FR here :
> http://download.navit-project.org/navit/openmoko/svn/
>
> They are built nightly, but it's also possible to trigger a build during
> the day.

That revision with fix is also building now here.. I'll provide links
for test soon.

Those nightly builds are still build with om2008 toolchain? And also in
shr we have navit splited to 2 .ipk (navit as app and navit-icons with
only pngs), and also splitted configs in smaller easier managable files
with shr customized config.

So it's a bit more difficult to switch between navit from shr feed and
navit feed, but it's no problem to build newer navit in shr feeds almost
daily too (if someone is willing to test it before syncing it to all
users..).

Cheers,

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com
Jansa Martin                 sip:jamasip at voip.wengo.fr