Latest SHR-?

Neil Jerram neiljerram at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 29 11:14:21 CET 2010

On 29 January 2010 02:15, William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> shr-testing is probably the most usable out-of-the-box at the moment.
> Only a few "annoyances" rather than show stoppers.

I tried shr-t again a couple of days ago (after getting annoyed with
the unreliability of my Debian...).  I thought the integration of the
phone apps, including the great today/locking screen, is now quite
slick.  And aesthetically it's now starting to look nice too.

But - I found that I very quickly ran into system freezes, and/or
weird graphical effects.  E.g. after only a couple of minutes of
panning and zooming the maps in tangogps.  Am I the only one seeing
this kind of problem?

When that happens, the only remedy is to pull out the battery, and
then I have no idea whether my rootfs is still OK.  Is there a way of
checking?  (Maybe something similar to debsums in Debian.)

Whenever I've had similar problems in the past (including on Debian),
it's been when I've been running the glamo X server.  So I would guess
that that's the cause in shr-t too.  Is it possible to run shr-t with
the fbdev server?

Regards,
        Neil