dynamically generating ringtones based on the calling phone number

Michael Smith openmoko at netapps.com.au
Sat Jan 30 21:30:37 CET 2010

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 04:10:39 -0800
Brolin Empey <brolin at brolin.be> wrote:

> My idea is to have my cell phone (my FreeRunner, of course, which runs
> QtMoko v14) dynamically generate a ringtone for incoming calls:

I have been generating ringtones with the "tones" program from the siggen package. See:

tones -f -w usr/share/sounds/five_tones.wav 500 d6 e6 c6 c5 g5:1000

So if you could install siggen on the phone you could create the wav before ringing, but it would delay the ring somewhat.
Michael Smith
Network Applications
www.netapps.com.au   | +61 (0) 416 062 898
Web Hosting          | Internet Services