dynamically generating ringtones based on the calling phone number

Brolin Empey brolin at brolin.be
Sat Jan 30 22:46:08 CET 2010

Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Brolin Empey<brolin at brolin.be>  writes:
>> PS:  How many Openmoko users make their own ringtones?
> http://iki.fi/lindi/openmoko/ringtone/
> is how I made my ringtone as loud as possible. If you know how to make
> it even louder, I am interested :-)

Cool!  I had never heard of the ABC music notation format before today.
  abc2midi looks useful for non-interactively building MIDI files and/or
input to feed to timidity.

I used wget to leech your ringtone/ directory:

$ time wget -rkKp -nd -np http://lindi.iki.fi/lindi/openmoko/ringtone/

I used to use wget a lot for jobs like this, but for the past few years
I have mostly used it simply to download single files.  It was fun to
“get back into” mirroring with wget!

I was considering writing 2 SIDs from Black Mail’s famous 1991 C64 demo
“Dutch Breeze” as .wav files so I could use them as ringtones:

in the HVSC under C64Music\Ouwehand_Reyn:

I still have not done so, though, so I am still using Random Voice -
Monday as my ringtone.

I love these oldskool chiptunes so much, even if I was only 4 when they
were released! :P