Patch for libphone-ui [was: fails to call from contacts if phone # contains any non-number?]

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Sat Jul 3 19:23:03 CEST 2010

>    Hey, I added the filtering to libphone-utils, and called the functions
>    in libphone-ui until mickey
>    >...<
Thank you Tom!!! That works great (although upgrade entirely ruined my
SHR primarily since I've not done preventive measures against running
out of space) and I had to reflash (and now getting alignment traps for
every binary I think [1]).

>      Just a note: another location for such filtering would be before
>      matching phone #s from the book with those in call log.  This
>      feature already existed for a long time, it should work I checked
>      it to work and it did, if it doesn't let me know and I'll give it
>      some more testing.
probably it does but it seems not to take into account country code...
i.e. if in phone book I have a number without country (area is
always there) code -- it doesn't get name assigned in the Phone Log

[1] http://www.onerussian.com//Linux/bugs/om/dmesg-alignment-traps
--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]