MC Navi 0.2.10 released

Mike Crash mike at mikecrash.com
Sun Jul 4 09:44:34 CEST 2010

undrwater wrote:

> is it possible to add more detail to your map conversion instructions?  I
> have tried several times to do a conversion for portions of the USA
> without
> success.
>
> I believe the problems I've had relate to the difference between .osm and
> administrative.osm files.
>
> Thank you!
>
> Russell Dwiggins

All is here:
http://www.gps-routes.info/index.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1

If you have problems with boundary data, download boundary OSM file from
Cloudmate at
http://downloads.cloudmade.com
e.g.
http://downloads.cloudmade.com/north_america/united_states/washington/washington.osm.administrative.bz2

I have not tried for US, there are only boundaries for states (e.g.
Washington), not the whole country, it may not have complete (closed
polygon) boundaries. Also you should skip the boundaries step, but this may
omit the addresses.

I will do some experiments with USA and Germany in the (near) future. The
development is not over, 0.2.11 is out with itinerary...