cpu reclocking to 500Mhz, overclocking to 533Mhz, performance tests and bootloader images

Tha_Man jeroenbreg at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 4 15:12:28 CEST 2010

Hi again,
I couldn't resist to do some more testing, so I copied my QtMoko SDcard
installation to NAND. QtMoko from NAND boots fine in most cases (see
overview), it's suspend and resume that fails when overclocked. However,
suspend and resume works fine with the original NAND U-boot and your default
clocked U-boot. I've flashed the overclocked images exactly as you posted
and flashed u-boot_env.in as well, no errors were reported during flashing.
Here's an overview:

Tested under QtMoko v24, using different u-boot images flashed in NAND:
+ u-boot-gta02v5-1.3.1: works fine
+ u-boot.udfu_400_100_1.7: works fine
- u-boot.udfu_450_112_1.65_1.9: won't boot (hangs on 'Starting kernel...')
- u-boot.udfu_450_112_1.7_1.9_sdmax: won't boot (hangs on 'Starting
kernel...')
* u-boot.udfu_500_83_1.7: fails to resume after suspend
* u-boot.udfu_500_83_1.7_1.8_CLK2: fails to resume after suspend
* u-boot.udfu_533_88_1.7: fails to resume after suspend
* u-boot.udfu_533_88_1.7_1.8_CLK2: fails to resume after suspend

So most u-boot images boot fine with QtMoko v24 and report the correct
speeds, but my phone doesn't wake up after suspend with any of the
overclocked images; I have to remove the battery to be able to boot again.
Even the 450Mhz-images you reported as 'working under qtmoko' fail with me,
but I'm not sure if you tested suspend and resume. I'm using the default
v24-kernel, based on 2.6.29 I believe.

I hope my tests are of any help, if I need to test something else, please
let me know.

Cheers,
Tha_Man