[shr-u] Furthermore problems with USB-networking

sferic sferic at gmx.net
Fri Jul 9 09:36:37 CEST 2010

Hello List,

The network connection via usb still gives me problems. After the
installation of shr unstable on sd card, it was even possible for me to
connect to internet on my pc (ubuntu 10:04) once and carry out an upgrade.
My freerunner has connected (and ist stillconnecting) to the PC via usb0
(Unlike my previous installation (see here
http://openmoko-public-mailinglists.1958.n2.nabble.com/SHR-U-Missing-UsbHost-tp5247792p5247792.html),
which was connected via eth8 (and is broken after a failed upgrade on
wifi).)

I suspect that something was installed through the upgrade on my freerunner,
which prevents internet access. But how can I find out?

/usr/lib/opkg/info/ contains a large number of installation logs. Which of
them might have something to do with my problem, can not recognize myself.
If it helps, I can post a table of contents from the directory. But perhaps
the problem is already known and someone can give me a hint? For this ever
thank you
Sferic