cpu reclocking to 500Mhz, overclocking to 533Mhz, performance tests and bootloader images

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak dos at dosowisko.net
Sat Jul 10 22:22:41 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 21:36, Sebastian Krzyszkowiak <dos at dosowisko.net> wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 21:23, Tha_Man <jeroenbreg at hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> Gennady suggested the same thing, but the 450Mhz-settings fail on kernel
>> start (see my previous message, I haven't tried the 465 settings). These
>> settings need a recompiled kernel according to Gennady's first message, did
>> you recompile your kernel? If not, I'm very curious why it doesn't work for
>> me! I'm assuming you're running QtMoko v24 as well, either from SD or NAND.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tha_Man
>
> 450/112 and 465/116 settings work for me even with 1.55V (just tested)
> and it seems to not work for others, as they need at least 1.65V :x
> But I can't use 533/88 nor CLK3, so it seems to be kind of deal ;) (or
> just component tolerance :D)
>
> I'm using SHR with our default 2.6.32 kernel.

If someone wants to test:
http://dos.openmoko.pl/overclock/qi-s3c2442-master_c38b062a609f1442-dos-465-116-1.55-1.8.udfu
Qi with CPU clocked at 465MHz with 1.55V and memory at 115MHz with
1.8V (so no kernel patch needed)
http://dos.openmoko.pl/overclock/465-116-1.55-1.8.patch

It works for me and so far seems to be stable, but most of you will
probably need memory voltage being bumped to 1.9V and for that you
need to patch kernel.

I have GTA02A5 with date code 20080621.

U-Boots compiled by gena2x are available at http://bsdmn.com/openmoko/uboot500/

--