Glamo slowness question. Glamo transfer speed improvements (+33%). Video sofdecoding playing profile. Glamo dma transfer.

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 13:51:19 CEST 2010

2010/7/17 Gennady Kupava <gb at bsdmn.com>:
> Here is my next rant to freerunner slowness :)

A great way to rant :)

The glamo timing fix seems to work great here so far. Regarding the
older thread, I finally tested also it with the 500/83 CPU/memclock
setting (533/88 hanged during boot when most of the system was already
running), and it also worked fine. However, CPU overclocking probably
increases power consumption, while the glamo boosting is probably
quite pure win over-all, especially considering that glamo is the
biggest bottle-neck anyway in the device.

> Expecting some reports from users, did it work for you flawlessly?

So far, yes.

> 2. --->>> DMA transfers
> Conclusion ->  implementing dma for mmc and glamo may provide speedup to
> system, also it may reduce emergy consumption (as cpu may sleep while
> dma transfer is active)

That's interesting as well, since it would be again be overall win in
all aspects.

Thanks a lot for the work so far, you are the heroes making FreeRunner
project all the more interesting and unique :)

-Timo