My guess about the WSOD

Gennady Kupava gb at
Fri Jul 23 14:56:53 CEST 2010

Hi, guys.

I can attribute WS on boot and blank to changing version of compiler
which builds kernel.

Here, i have testing re:
                                       gcc_4.1.2    gcc_4.4.6
2.6.34 kernel, configured for fb       ok        WS on boot/unblank
2.6.32 shr kernel, configured for kms  ok        WS on boot/unblank

please, notice that something similar to unblank happens on
rotation/mode change.

but my kernels somehow lack of sound sound support (other kind of bug),
all both shrs and .34, so they are unusable for daily usage