Some questions to new SHR images (ubifs, gps)

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at
Fri Jul 23 20:30:16 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 8:27 PM, Alexander Lehner
<lehner at> wrote:

> - It seems that the ubifs is read-only. How do I install applications
>   then?
It shouldn't be read-only, and you get lots of problems if it is!

Either re-flash (if you're 'fresh') or find out how to fsck the file system.

> - If that's not possible (and I really would like a writeable fs), can I
>   still use jffs? I suspect that either the kernel or the bootloader
>   requires a ubi fs.
jffs2 will do just fine.

Christ van Willegen
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0