SHR Qi booting: alignment trap, broken UBIFS

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Wed Jul 28 21:33:55 CEST 2010

In earlier posts I mentioned that my ubifs filesystem was mounted
readonly, which shouldn't be the case.

I've trace this down now:
Flashing kernel and rootfs freshly (July-21 version), having Qi installed,
I longer press the Power button to see debug messages.
There are millions of 'alignment trap' messages.
Also, the ubifs driver complains about corrupted filesystem with a defered
reparation.

The reparation seems to work after two or three reboots, until then the
filesystem remains readonly. I also have the effect that I cannot pass the
'set root password' dialog of the first time configuration wizzard.

The 'alignment traps' disappear (of course) when I boot without debug
output, but I'm wondering if this is normal and if this doesn't still
cost some boot time?

Alex.