QtMoko v24

Alex Samorukov ml at os2.kiev.ua
Wed Jun 2 12:06:59 CEST 2010

Hi,

Thank you very much for your efforts and this release.

This release works fine on my phone, and its very pleasant to see my
name in the contributors section :)

I`m also trying to keep wiki up to date. Now i`m working on some arora
fixes (most important one is form style bug-around to work correctly
with HTML forms), hope i`ll be able to provide patches soon.

Currently i found some (minor) problems which i think could be fixed
more or less simply.

1) I`m recommending to disable unneded and useless getty consoles in
/etc/inittab. Of course this could be done manually but IMHO its better
to modify rootfs. This will save some memory.
2) By default time sync with GSM network is enabled (ask user). Calypso
chip was never able to get time from the network (firmware bug?) and
message is always wrong (like "current time is +32, sync?"). If
confirmed then it set bogus time (in my case it was 1932). I think its
better to disable this functionality at all for GTA01/02 or at least to
change default value to 0.
3) I found that after changing color scheme in "Appearance" settings
menu qtopia catch segfault and restarting. Probably bug somewhere in qt
extended. After restart new color scheme applied, so its not critical,
but annoying.

Also i think that it does make a sense to update rootfs before creating
image, but of course its not critical also.