qi boot into third partition

Martix martix.cz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 23:28:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

you could configure Qi to skip other partitions or use qi-bootmenu,
which is practically Linux kernel with kexec booting another kernels
from chosen partition. But in my opinion, qi-bootmenu concept is
overkill causing unwanted boot delay. I suggest using u-boot
bootloader for multiboot. This is my u-boot environment configuration
capable of booting from five partitions, each with different kernel
image.[1]

[1] http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/User:Martix/U-Boot_environment

Greatings,

Martix