Neo 1973 - how to figure out if the battery is broken?

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at
Sat Jun 5 21:15:19 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 2:33 PM, Timo Juhani Lindfors
<timo.lindfors at>wrote:

> Torfinn Ingolfsen <tingox at> writes:
> > neo:~# cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/current_now
> > -287000
> According to this it is being charged. Why are you worried?

Mainly because it runs out very quickly. :-)
But it could just be drained.

Where can I find out the meaning of the different files in
/sys/class/power_supply/battery ?

For example, I would thing that these two:
neo:~# cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charge_full
neo:~# cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/charge_now

would represent full charge and current charge, but according to this that
must be the wrong interpretation:
neo:~# cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/status
neo:~# cat /sys/class/power_supply/battery/current_now
Torfinn Ingolfsen