glamo gdrm,

Thomas White taw at bitwiz.org.uk
Sun Jun 6 12:36:36 CEST 2010

On Mon, 31 May 2010 22:23:15 +0200
mobi phil <mobi at mobiphil.com> wrote:

>    crtc->mode.vrefresh = 8952 ;
>    crtc->mode.hdisplay = 640 ;
>    crtc->mode.hsync_start = 656 ;
>    crtc->mode.hsync_end =  752 ;
>    crtc->mode.htotal = 800 ;
>    crtc->mode.vdisplay = 480 ;
>    crtc->mode.vsync_start = 490 ;
>    crtc->mode.vsync_end = 492 ;
>    crtc->mode.vtotal = 525 ;
>    crtc->mode.clock = 25180000;

> now I have the landscape mode with drm, but it seems that the same
> problem as was earlier with pixels shifted. The full fb seems to be
> shifted -100 on x. This is true if I draw to the mapped fb, or if I do
> accelerated commands.

Modesetting on Glamo is a menace.  One tiny false move and either the
GPU or the LCM will get upset and decide not to talk to you any more.
Here are my numbers for rotated operation.  Your rotated display
probably comes from your timings being out by a bit.

mode.vrefresh = 0
mode.hdisplay = 640
mode.hsync_start = 656
mode.hsync_end = 658
mode.htotal = 660
mode.vdisplay = 480
mode.vsync_start = 496
mode.vsync_end = 504
mode.vtotal = 512
mode.clock = 24500000

Currently, KMS doesn't have the concept of rotation, so what goes on to
make this work is a horrendous hack, and only supports one landscape
orientation (rotated clockwise).

Tom

--
Thomas White <taw at bitwiz.org.uk>