Neo 1973 - new battery?

Paul Fertser fercerpav at
Wed Jun 9 11:34:35 CEST 2010

openmoko at (Christoph Pulster) writes:
>>> Where can I find a new battery for my Neo 1973?
> The Neo1973 and Freerunner share the same battery.

Unfortunately, they do not. gta01 battery is almost the same as Nokia
BL-6C but the average thermistor resistance is 10k (unlike ~60k in
Nokia). gta02 battery incorporates bq27000 -- a smart chip with
coloumb counter and other battery monitoring abilities.

gta01 can't charge non-gta01 battery effectively because temperature
monitoring can't be disabled in hardware (pcf50606).

Be free, use free ( software!
mailto:fercerpav at