Call noise on buzz-fixed freerunner with Qtmoko

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Fri Jun 18 21:06:47 CEST 2010

On Friday 18 June 2010, Peter Mogensen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've installed Qtmoko V24 on a buzzfixed Freerunner, but people still
> complain that there's so much noise in the other end that it's
> impossible to understand.

Can you try it yourself to see exactly what the problem sounds like? My guess
is that your voice is distorted when you're speaking, there may be some
distorted echo when they're speaking, and it doesn't buzz when nobody's
speaking.

> I've checked that the ALSA state file is about the same a recommended
> for buzz fixed phones.

The recommended setting is just a reasonable starting point. What are your
settings?

> I'm wondering whether there some echo-cancellation missing in the modem
> configuration.
> Where is that configured on Qtmoko?

I don't know QtMoko that well.