FoxtrotGPS 0.99.4 available (also: looking forward...)

Joshua Judson Rosen rozzin at geekspace.com
Sun Jun 20 06:19:33 CEST 2010

jeremy jozwik <jerjoz.forums at gmail.com> writes:

> On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 7:42 AM, jeremy jozwik <jerjoz.forums at gmail.com> wrote:
> > two things ive noticed, 1 phone will go into suspend while running
> > foxtrot, unlike omgps.
> > also, foxtrot does not seem to remember setting an alternate path for
> > the map tiles.
> > ill set OSM to read from the sd card, scroll about and all the tiles are there.
> > close foxtrot and all my tiles are gone because the pathing is reset
> > to the default location.
>
> also, POI's dont seem to save after close.

If you mean that they don't make it into the database, then I need to
know how to reproduce that--I've never seen that fail (and I don't
think that any of the relevant code has even changed since we branched
from tangoGPS 0.99.3, so there aren't any obvious `suspects').

If you mean that the `show POIs' toggle isn't preserved across restarts,
I believe that that's by design.

In either case, it would be appropriate to start a conversion on the
foss-gps list <foss-gps at lists.osgeo.org>.