Missing feature

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Sun Jun 20 19:21:47 CEST 2010

Hi,

i'm using my Freerunner now for over a week and most things work quite
good. :)

But there is one major thing i'm missing which has every other mobile
phone. The possibility to see unanswered calls/sms without extra turning
on the phone. When i missed a call and wasn't near the phone than i do
not wakeup the phone "only" to see if i missed a call. Therefore i often
responded to missed calls/sms quite late because i din't know i had one. :/

So i thought how this problem could be solved and had an idea but don't
know if it is possible to implement. :)

I thought that it would be usefull if the phone wakes up as soon as i
move the phone and had an unanswered call/sms. Than after waking up it
should play a little sound to get my attention to look at the screen
because mostly i have my freerunner in its case and wouldn't see the
screen. This wakeup-and-sound feature would only be activated if it goes
to suspend with some unseen missed calls/sms. I know that the build in
accelerometers (LIS302DL) have an internal interrupt generation when
exceeding some predefined acceleration in any direction. So it could be
programmed to the current x/y/z position as default and add a little
threshold to it on standby . Therefore it would generate an interrupt
only if i move the phone.
The problem is that i don't know if the interrupt from the
accelerometers could be used to wakeup the phone or not.

I don't know if this feature is realizable but it would be exact what i
need to speed up my response time to missed calls/sms. At the moment my
nice Freerunner is not liked very much among my friends which tried to
call me and i needed quite a long time to call them back. So this
feature would help me to make the freerunner more popular among my
friends. Especially that i don't know of any other phone which has such
a nice missed call/sms reminder. :)

Ciao,
     Rainer