T-mobile even more plus

Jim Ancona jim at anconafamily.com
Tue Jun 22 23:50:50 CEST 2010

On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 4:37 PM, Ed Kapitein <ed at kapitein.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to get a t-mobile "even more plus unlimited data plan" in the USA.
> Is there anyone with hands on experience with this plan?
> It says, unlimited web access, does that mean unlimited access to web
> sites, or can i use ssh/scp/rsync to offload my pictures and videos to
> my server at home?

I have a T-Mobile Even More Plus plan with "Unlimited Web for Phones". I
just successfully ssh'd from my phone to an internet host, so they don't
block port 22. I know common protocols like POP and IMAP work in addition to
web, and with ssh, I guess you could tunnel anything else you might need. If
you're going to be rsync'ing your video library, you may want to ask about
data caps on a mobile forum site like howardforums.com, but it's hard to
imagine you'll have a problem at GPRS speed with the Freerunner.

Good luck!

Jim