sd performance tests, bonnie++ with different filesystems.

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 09:45:53 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 03:57:30PM +0400, Gennady Kupava wrote:
> Hi, list.

Hi Gennady,

> my conclusion here is that good filesystems:
> ext2 and ext4 have same performance in this test.
> reiserfs is best, despite of name of it's creator.
> ext2 is good except file creation and remove.
> xfs is good except file creation and remove.
> ext3 is good _for_ file creation and remove.

Interesting how bad results you got for brtfs (I guess that MeeGo people
also did some benchmarks, before selecting is as default fs). Maybe
because rather slow cpu in freerunner?

> so, my choise of fs will be:
> /boot -> ext2 for compatibility
> /, /usr -> xfs, need fast block r/w.

XFS is not prone to power failures anymore or it's not an issue on uSD
(without big cache as normal drives)?

Thanks a lot for benchmark!

Regards,

Jansa 'JaMa' Martin     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com