sd performance tests, bonnie++ with different filesystems.

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Sat Jun 26 11:15:43 CEST 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 09:03:00AM +0000, jougnz jougnz wrote:
> ARM Cortex-A8 600MHz (n900) vs Samsung 2442 400MHz (openmoko) ?

well brtfs benchmark shown pretty high cpu load and I think that MeeGo
people develop and target also newer devices then old n900 (maybe N9,
which I guess will be much faster then freerunner or n900)

Also without glamo with better bus bandwidth it can be different IMHO.

> Suppose that the btrfs has the following problems:
> - flash dying

no big problem on replacable uSD

> - problem with bootloaders

if you load kernel from different partition then I don't see any problem
with brtfs rootfs.

Regards,

Jansa 'JaMa' Martin     jabber: Martin.Jansa at gmail.com