QtMoko v18 - based on 2.6.32

Martin Jansa martin.jansa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 16:40:46 CET 2010

On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 03:58:26PM +0100, Radek Polak wrote:
> On Monday 01 March 2010 13:31:26 Martin Jansa wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 01, 2010 at 01:09:24PM +0100, Radek Polak wrote:
> > > Otherwise the new kernel runs really nice. Bluetooth and accelerometers
> > > should be quite easy to fix. I dont know about the touchscreen in X. Any
> > > other distro that uses 2.6.32 kernel has X server all right?
> >
> > With 2.6.32 built with OE available here:
> > http://build.shr-project.org/tests/mrmoku/kms/images/om-gta02/
> > defconfig
> > http://cgit.openembedded.org/cgit.cgi/openembedded/tree/recipes/linux/linux
> > -openmoko-2.6.32/om-gta02/defconfig
> >
> > I don't see any strange touchscreen behavior in xserver-1.8 snapshot and
> > I don't remember any ts issues with 1.7.* versions (except that I was
> > missing ts filters in first defconfig and then ts calibration wasn't
> > able to find sysfs nodes).
>
> Hi Martin,
> thanks for pointers. I tried the latest 2.6.32 SHR kernel, but it does not
> work very good for me. Probably because of KSM. I am still using old Xglamo
> which segfaults with this kernel and fbdev xorg prints:
>
> (EE) FBDEV(0): FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO: Invalid argument
> (EE) FBDEV(0): mode initialization failed
>
> Fatal server error:
> AddScreen/ScreenInit failed for driver 0

Yes that's right, sorry I should warn you before trying, this kernel expects
kms enabled xf86-video-glamo in userspace and disables old fbdev driver.

Good thing is that kms enabled xf86-video-glamo in userspace is able to
fallback to swrast when DRM kernel is not used.

So in SHR we have the same userspace and used kernel decide how it will
render.

> I can try upgrade to debian testing so that i can try xf86-video-glamo (or is
> there package for lenny somewhere?).

No idea.
Thomas White's kms branch is already merged to master, so package built
from there with latest revision should be enough.
http://git.openmoko.org/?p=xf86-video-glamo.git;a=summary

You also need mesa and libdrm with Thomas's patches.
http://git.bitwiz.org.uk/?p=libdrm.git;a=summary
http://git.bitwiz.org.uk/?p=mesa.git;a=summary

Regards,

uin:136542059                jid:Martin.Jansa at gmail.com