[Debian] new kernel package

Sebastian Reichel elektranox at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 00:30:38 CET 2010

On Tue, Mar 02, 2010 at 10:48:26PM +0100, Quim Testar wrote:
> Sebastian Reichel wrote:

> >> Even in this very thread. Can't say I tried hard to make it work. My
> >> fault.
> >>
> >> BTW, is there a reason behind the fact that rootfs must be mounted as
> >> ext2 now? or should it work?
> >
> > I switched from ext3 builtin to ext3 as module, because this is more
> > Debian like. I guess I will have to change this back to built in,
> > because we have no initramfs?
> >

> Or maybe the file
> http://pkg-fso.alioth.debian.org/freerunner/configure-uboot.sh should be
> changed?

I'm not sure what to do. Actually I left ext2 in the kernel just in
case and planned to modularize it once I'm sure everything is still
working. I guess it's better to compile the ext3 support back into
the kernel until we get a kernel with initrd support, so that it can
boot from ext3 filesystems.

-- Sebastian