MC Navi released

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 4 19:07:33 CET 2010

On Thursday 04 March 2010, Timo Juhani Lindfors wrote:
> Al Johnson <openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk> writes:
> > It may just have been missed. Even now searching the gpsd site for dbus
> > won't get you any interface documentation.
>
> Yep they ask you to read the source :-)
>
> "<para>On operating systems that support D-BUS,
> <application>gpsd</application> can be built to broadcast GPS fixes to
> D-BUS-aware applications.  As D-BUS is still at a pre-1.0 stage, we
> will not attempt to document this interface here.  Read the
> <application>gpsd</application> source code to learn more.</para>"

To me that says the interface still isn't stable enough to document. Compare
and contrast with the extensive documentation for the JSON format a few
paragraphs earlier. I may just have picked up the wrong emssage though - it
wouldn't be the first time ;-)

Besides, my opinion of what it says now has nothing to do with why whoever
decided to take the ogpsd route did so back then. If you really want to know
then check the smartphone-standards archives.