[ANNOUNCE] qi-bootmenu-0.1 for GTA02

Marc Andre Tanner openmoko at brain-dump.org
Sat Mar 6 00:37:51 CET 2010

On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 02:25:41PM +0100, Marc Andre Tanner wrote:
> As for GTA01 support I'm playing around with a 2.6.32 based kernel
> but with the initramfs embedded the result is to big ~2.4M. So we
> need to shrink it by 400K to fit into the kernel partition. Not yet
> sure how this should be done without either losing features (usb
> network access for example)

Ok it turned out that there was some bloat hiding both in userspace
(freetype comes to mind) and also in the kernel. I am now able to
generate a kernel+initramfs which fits into the 2M GTA01 NAND kernel
partition. However the touchscreen doesn't yet work, it might be a
calibration issue or my kernel config is incomplete or I broke something
while rebasing the kernel to 2.6.32. Anyway this needs more time to
investigate...

Marc

--
 Marc Andre Tanner >< http://www.brain-dump.org/ >< GPG key: CF7D56C0