QtMoko v18 - based on 2.6.32

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sun Mar 7 22:08:32 CET 2010

I wrote:

> - X server and X apps: the touchscreen generates bogus events. E.g. when
> typing on virtual keyboard it often presses wrong keys. If you use X
> applications often, then i dont recomend this image yet.

I have found the cause of the problem. It seems that /dev/input/mice generates
touchscreen events with 2.6.32. X server then opens both /dev/input/event1 and
/dev/input/mice and gets all event twice.

You can test it by doing:

cat /dev/input/mice

2.6.29 will not produce any output, while 2.6.32 reacts to touching the
touchscreen.

For now i have workaround to delete /dev/input/mice during startup [1]

Btw i have one WSOD report. Anyone else hit it? Is that reproducible? I am
asking because i havent hit any WSOD yet and i would prefer to not release
something that does not work for others.

Regards

Radek

[1]
http://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/commit/fe13cea0647fd9e09e91ef91e6401df2b80f8106