[NEW DISTRIBUTION] Announcing NEOPhysis

Vikas Saurabh vikas.saurabh at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 07:51:57 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Aditya Gandhi <aditya.g8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why don't we really combine all efforts instead of making a huge and heavy
> fso which is indeed short of a good phone into something more specific and
> quicker.
IIRC, FSO is pretty quick to start...most of the time spent is for X,
wm, etc (may be udev also plays a role there...I've never
benchmarked).
For me, opimd had been quite slow (i've some 1500 messages and may be
double that phone logs...and im reluctant to remove those...fresh db
hardly took any time). I am still to update my phone to new opimd...I
really hope that the new db structure does things faster...btw, opimd
slowed down the things while coming...I think it loads everything at
least once during initialization...but thats what *I* *think*.

--Vikas