[SHR]does wakeup-on-wlan work on SHR?

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 09:31:41 CET 2010

niubee_007 <pengningkun at gmail.com> writes:
> can someone elaborate how to make wakeup-on-wlan work?

I tried to look into this and came to following conclusions:

1. hardware-wise, it should work (to the unknown extent, i saw exactly
0 documentation on the chip)
2. to actually give it a try one needs to do this kernel work:
   a) make sure WOL line can be configured as a wake up source
   b) add an option for "unsafe" handling of a device attached to
   s3c-mci (means assume the device attached to it retains its
   state over suspend/resume)
   c) add an option to keep the wlan module powered during suspend
3. I'm unsure how exactly to trigger WoL on ar6000. Is it supposed to
pulse the line on reception of a traditional ethernet WOL packet? Or
on any incoming traffic? What about secure (WPA/RSN) networks?

Probably Werner can comment more.

I was going to try that but got demotivated by the lack of community
interest.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com