Comparing A5 and A7 sound settings

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Tue Mar 16 00:11:39 CET 2010

Em 13-03-2010 17:48, Timo Jyrinki escreveu:
> Mic Sidetone Mux: 'Mic 2' = the correct setting, please try to not
> spread misinformation that it'd be wrong simply because it happens to
> also increase the volume and therefore buzzing as well if other
> settings are high
> Mic 2: '3' (= 0dB)
> Mono Sidetone: '5' (= 0dB,)
> Mono Playback '100 (= -21dB) (for buzz-fixed A5 I had this around 115)

You may call my tests misinformation, but I'll calmly go on with usable
sound settings with which I can be heard even from a noisy restaurant by
*NOT*USING* the "Correct" setting.

I have an A5+buzz fix, and I get better sound with this surgical change
than from ever toying around with volume which, by accident, can be set
to unusable easily, otherwise.

For me, after upgrades, I always check for the 63'rd value of gsmhandset
to be 3, rather than 2.

Rui