[[SHR all] Read this if Call screen and messages dont work - a.k.a.- "fixing dissappearing call window, segfaults and name-to-number resolution"

Jan Girlich vollkorn at cryptobitch.de
Tue Mar 16 03:15:06 CET 2010

Am Dienstag, den 16.03.2010, 00:36 +0100 schrieb Bernd Prünster:
> this is maybe a duplicate and most users prolly know it and the issue
> should be fixed in newer images, but still this gives you a *working
> phone* back if you have problems:
>
> the root of all evil are missing typed fields.
>
> if you converted your old opimd database using the convert script, you
> prolly dont have to do this. (if te convert script complains about
> existing db and aborts, simply delete
> if you imported you contacts using pisi, you might have to do this (is
> wrong psis default config still an issue?)
>
> if you didnt import anything you prolly have to do this.
>
> you can list your current fields using
>
> mdbus2 -s org.freesmartphone.opimd \
> /org/freesmartphone/PIM/Contacts \
> org.freesmartphone.PIM.Fields.ListFields
>
> Here's an example output from my PIM databse:
>
> ( { "Surname":"name", "Name":"name", "Affiliation":"text",
> "Photo":"photo", "Work phone":"phonenumber", "Mobile
> phone":"phonenumber", "Note":"text", "Phone":"phonenumber",
> "Birthday":"date", "E-mail":"email", "Address":"address",
> "Nickname":"name", "Home phone":"phonenumber" } )
>
> this is the bare minimum to get everythign working again:
>
> mdbus2 -s org.freesmartphone.opimd /org/freesmartphone/PIM/Contacts \
> org.freesmartphone.PIM.Fields.AddField 'Name' 'name'
> mdbus2 -s org.freesmartphone.opimd /org/freesmartphone/PIM/Contacts \
> org.freesmartphone.PIM.Fields.AddField 'Phone' 'phonenumber'
>

> is works the same way for all other fields you may have and also for
> adding extra fields (as shown in the example output above)

This solved starting up and using the applications, thanks!

But what about migrating the old contact entries? All data (sms,
phonelogs, contects) just vanished when I upgraded to the latest SHr a
few days ago. Anyway to get it back and imported into opimd with a
little command or script? (I got backups for the worst case)

Thanks
Jan