Thinking about a german data offer (GPRS) from Klarmobil

Alexander Lehner lehner at edv-buero-lehner.de
Tue Mar 16 18:36:19 CET 2010

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010, Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 12:58:32PM +0100, Lothar Behrens wrote:
>> Who knows about usable and cheap providers in germany to get at least
>> a GPRS volume contract?
>
> Blau.de does 100Mb and 1Gb per 30 days for ?4 and ?10 respectively. I
> am using the former at the moment.

I'm using takeaway flat from debitel for 10 EUR/month.

I think pricing is almost the same everywhere.

More interesting is IMO how long you are bound to the contract
(Mindestvertragslaufzeit), and whether you are restricted to use only
certain services.

For example I had to discover that I could not ssh from my FR into my home
PC. I set up another ssh server on a different port and there it works.
So it seems that my provider explicitly excludes access to remote port 22
(which is quite stupid I think but good for me ;)

Alex.