How to manually delete sms from sim using dbus2 or something else?

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 19 05:06:42 CET 2010

To list messages (latest shr-t):
mdbus2 -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM.RetrieveMessagebook 'all'

To delete messages one by one:
mdbus2 -s org.freesmartphone.ogsmd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.SIM.DeleteMessage '1'

My SIM had 20 messages so I had to delete from 1 to 20 by changing the
number above.  There is (or was) a deleteall command but I couldnt find
it.  You may need to install mdbus2 to get the command.

BillK