[QTMOKO] Dead UI

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Sat Mar 20 20:54:24 CET 2010

Risto H. Kurppa wrote:

> qtmoko starts normally
> When I touch the touch screen, the screen light comes on, but no menu
> or icon reacts.
> AUX & POWER work as expected.

Can you please try flashing debug kernel, so that we know it's kernel related
or some other problem?

As for calibrating - this should do it:

	ssh to_neo
	source /opt/qtmoko/qpe.env
	qcop service send Launcher "execute(QString)" "calibrate"

As for X:

	ssh to_neo
	Xglamo vt4 (or try vt7 if it does not work)

X should be up, now:

	ssh to_neo
	export DISPLAY=:0
	xterm

You can also try installing input-utils package and check if touchscreen is
generating events:

	input-events 1

Hope something helps. Anyway we need better 2.6.29 kernel. The debug one is
slow but i think everything works there very good. We should find out which
debug options can be disabled while everything still works.

My nodebug config for v19 was probably too much trimmed. It would be nice if
someone could figure out which debug options can be disabled. It would involve
building kernel according to:

http://github.com/radekp/qtmoko/blob/master/doc/txt/debian_rootfs_howto.txt

disable one or more debug options, build and flash it and see if all keeps
working.

Another way is to move to 2.6.32 report bugs and try to get kernel people to
fix them.

Regards

Radek