getting started with wlan

William Kenworthy billk at
Sun Mar 21 03:00:52 CET 2010

On Sun, 2010-03-21 at 01:28 +0100, Kai-Martin wrote:
> Hi.
> Last week, I bought this used freerunner, version GTA02-A5. I decided to
> dump the existing install and do a fresh flash of shr. So I followed the
> directions in :
> Download images from
> 	full-om-gta02.jffs2
> 	uImage-om-gta02-latest.bin
>   	modules-2.6.29-oe11+gi...355c2067c4e88-r8-om-gta02.tgz
> Install of rootfs and kernel image with dfu-util was successful.
> For the kernel moduls, the manual just says: "Put that file on the FreeRunner
> and run gzi -dc modules ..."
> The only way could come up to put the file on the freerunner, was with sftp
> via usb_ether, after the image and the kernel had been flashed and booted.
> Is this the way the modules are supposed to be installed?

Just a point ... why modules? - the jffs file already has the modules
installed - you only need the module step if you are changing from the
matching kernel so need to change them.

Saves a couple of steps and the heartache of trying to install the
modules.  Suggestion, if you really want the modules - put them on the
sd card using the old system before flashing :)

Sorry cant help with wifi - I find that mokoconnect and similar gui's
are too flaky - manual is more reliable.