[QTMOKO] Dead UI

Tha_Man jeroenbreg at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 21 14:28:13 CET 2010

Russell Hay wrote:

> to confirm user experience, I flashed the no-debug kernel initially and
> experienced a similar issue - no GSM, and no response from the initial
> menu.
> I reflashed with the debug kernel and I have a working QTMoko phone again
> :-)
>
> Russ
>

> On 20 March 2010 19:54, Radek Polak <psonek2 at seznam.cz> wrote:
>
>> Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
>>
>> > qtmoko starts normally
>> > When I touch the touch screen, the screen light comes on, but no menu
>> > or icon reacts.
>> > AUX & POWER work as expected.
>> [...]

I'm having the exact same issue: I've never successfully booted the nodebug
kernel, but the debug kernel gives the same problem *sometimes* as well. I
get a 'no network' notification and only the AUX and POWER buttons
respond... Usually a reboot (with the debug kernel) solves the issue for me,
but it's far from ideal.
I'm running v19 from NAND btw, so I always boot from uboot.