getting started with wlan

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at
Tue Mar 23 08:29:13 CET 2010

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 4:21 AM, Kai-Martin <kmk at> wrote:
> I just found the wiki page on wlan connectivity:
> However, the commands there assume a working eth0 device.
> So I have to deal with that first.

Here are a few scripts that I use. I've put them in my home directory,
where they are easy to start:

$ cat ./up
fsoraw -f -r WiFi -- wpa_supplicant -ieth0 -Dwext -c
/etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf &

$ cat ./a

$ cat ./u
#! /bin/sh

fsoraw -f -r CPU,Display -- opkg update
swapon /dev/mmcblk0p4
fsoraw -f -r CPU,Display -- opkg upgrade
swapoff /dev/mmcblk0p4

$ cat ./down
killall wpa_supplicant

Note that my 'u' script turns swap on and off. You may not have a swap
file or partition, so you may want to leave this out (although swapon
will complain if it doesn't find a swap file or partition).

These scripts kinda 'work', although e SIGABRT's for me, too, when I
turn off the WiFi, or if I let the FR suspend while WiFi is on. I'll
open tickets for those problems.

Hope this helps!

Christ van Willegen
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0