no-cap bass fix
stefano at cavallari.cjb.net
Tue Mar 23 14:14:37 CET 2010
Yesterday night I was going to fix the poor audio response of the Freerunner.
Just before starting to solder (having opened the phone and the metallic
plate) I discovered the caps I got were the wrong ones.
So I looked at the scheme for an alternative solution, and I decided to try to
replace the audio caps with 0R, thus losing DC blocking.
The plan was to measure the DC component and if low enough, leave it as it.
If not, putting the DC filter in the minijack adapter.
So I did that, and it seem to work. I tried first with a multimeter. It reads
0.2 V DC, but I have to confirm it with an oscilloscope.
I tried the audio with very cheap headphones first (I was afraid of burning
them), then with decent ones. It seems to work way better!
Now I just need a better adapter cable (mine need to be inserted middle way,
it's not the right one), and then I have usable audio :)
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
/\ www.asciiribbon.org - against proprietary attachments
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part.
Url : http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/attachments/20100323/c6c75274/attachment.pgp
More information about the community