getting started with wlan

Kai-Martin kmk at
Wed Mar 24 04:58:12 CET 2010

On 03/22/2010 01:40:06 PM, Al Johnson wrote:

> In SHR WiFi is powered on and off through FSO's Resource handling.This is
> usually set to 'auto' so it will be powered up if an app requests the WiFi
> resource, and shut down when nothing is requesting it.

Does "wmiconfig -i eth0 --power maxperf" interfere with this setting?

> Connectivity, or direct through dbus with mdbus2, dbus-send or similar.

How would I do this? ( I miss man pages on my freerunner ;-)

> See above. I saw 'linksys' in your scan results. Mokonnect never sees my
> wrt54g,

Same here.
I wonder, why mokonnect can't see my wlan while iwlist reliably does.

> and I have to use 'wmiconfig -i eth0 --power maxperf' to get a
> reliable connection when setting up with wpa_supplicant.

Great tip!
With maxperf wlan connection is finally solid :-)
I reckon, this also means increased power consumption. Is there an option to
get back to normal, too? Or more broadly: Where can I look up the features I
can adjust with wmiconfig? (Did I mention, I miss access to man pages?)

Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk at
Öffentlicher PGP-Schlüssel: