sim card detection

Christ van Willegen cvwillegen at
Wed Mar 24 07:44:44 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 4:19 AM, Kai-Martin <kmk at> wrote:
> My freerunner seems to have an issue with my sim card after boot. More
> often than not the phone seems to be ignorant to the sim card. Consequently,
> it doesn't attach to the GSM net, SMS messages on the card are not readable
> and it can't receive calls. But sometimes, the card is detected fine about
> three minutes after boot. If so, it the sim card stays known to the system
> after wake-up from suspend.
> There is a suspicion, though. If I remember correctly, all the successful
> boots were done with a cable attached -- either USB from my desktop, or the
> connection to the charger. Could this be a hint? Maybe the system power is
> raised above some critical value to make the communication work? Is this a
> known issue?

What I've been doing lately is:
- Reboot my phone (whenever I need to)
- Keep it from suspending by touching the screen once in a while
- Wait for the SIM-PIN dialog to appear
- Enter my PIN

After that, the GSM is registered, and functions without any hardware problems.

Christ van Willegen
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0