are bluetooth headsets working on *any* distro?

Russell Hay russellh at
Thu Mar 25 12:26:02 CET 2010

Hey guys,

thought I'd drop a quick email out as I've tested my two bluetooth headsets
(A Jabra JX10 and a Jawbone) with Android, QTMoko and SHR and none of them

There are various levels of failure ranging from;
Android - can pair, but never picks up a call
QTMoko - can pick up calls, (current call goes into a 'bluetooth mode, you
can hear a link initiate into the headset) but there's no audio to or from
the headset.

Is this a 'you have to play with the Alsa config' issue, or do I need to go
get a specific bluetooth headset for this to work?