are bluetooth headsets working on *any* distro?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 13:05:26 CET 2010

On Thursday 25 March 2010, Russell Hay wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> thought I'd drop a quick email out as I've tested my two bluetooth headsets
> (A Jabra JX10 and a Jawbone) with Android, QTMoko and SHR and none of them
> work.
>
> There are various levels of failure ranging from;
> Android - can pair, but never picks up a call
> QTMoko - can pick up calls, (current call goes into a 'bluetooth mode, you
> can hear a link initiate into the headset) but there's no audio to or from
> the headset.
>
> Is this a 'you have to play with the Alsa config' issue, or do I need to go
> get a specific bluetooth headset for this to work?

I can't comment on Android or QtMoko, On SHR it's a 'you have to play with
something' issue, unless something's changed since I last tried it. One part
is adding the headset to the alsa config, which is a one time frustration per
headset. The other part makes day to day use painful as to move between
headset and handset use you need to edit a config and restart the service. I
don't remember the details, but it was in the wiki.