little question about navigation board

Helge Hafting helge.hafting at hist.no
Mon May 3 10:55:00 CEST 2010

Alfa21 wrote:
> 2010-05-02 at 23:31 Christoph Mair
>
>>> why to add two more gyroscope sensors (so now we have 4 of them in our FR
>>> O_O)
>> The Freerunner has two accelerometers, but no gyroscope.
>

> I tough 2 accels + 1 compas could act as gyros... (not the greek similar of the kebab)
> maybe I have to reopen my physic books ^_^'

Partially so. A compass only gives you *some* of the direction.
Particularly, the compass won't notice if the device spins around the
north-south axis. Do it slowly, and the accelerometers may be too
limited to notice.

Of course, such a movement doesn't normally happen in a car. But
you do want to notice if this happens to your plane . . .

Helge hafting