Stuck in setting up usb networking for the simulator in ubuntu.

saravanan T saravanadel at gmail.com
Mon May 3 11:24:16 CEST 2010

Hello,
I am stuck ssh into the phone to obtain the shell for the simulator. I have
gone through the steps of setting up usb networking for ubuntu in
openmokowiki.org.
*
*
*My Steps*
1.Download the kernel (Mine:2.6.28.10). Make the kernel by setting the
options in the configuration.(I enabled all the options except the first one
which says ' Enable support for usb gadgets' , as this option was not found)
2.Install the kernel.
3.modprobe, and adding gadget to fstab. mounting /dev/gadget

After that I checked my config-host.h in qemu (it has CONFIG_GADGETS =1).( I
did some google search and found this)
Then started the emulator by rebuilding it(make qemu).
After the emulator starts when I enter this in the qemu_moniter 'usb_add
gadget:1', then it hangs.

*Error Log:*
In the emulator it says 'Could not remove USB Device 0.5'
In the shell it says
'gadget_ep_setup: endpoint configuration failed :-22'
's3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun'
'pcf_write:automatic: fast -charge enabled'
's3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun'

I have checked this in Ubuntu 9.04 - Jaunty Jackalope - Quad Core
I have also tried this in the weekend in my vmware in macos - Ubuntu Karmic
9.10 (Kernel tried - 2.6.31.10)

In both the os the same problem occurs.
Please help regarding this issue, as I am stuck getting the shell of the
simulator to send command and pppd is also not working.. The terminal in the
simulator, is not so good.I cannot also install any other terminal package
without the shell.

Regards
Saravanan.L