Unable to flash using nandwrite!

xChris csynt8bit at gmail.com
Mon May 3 16:04:45 CEST 2010

Hi,

I want to flash the latest SHR image on my Openmoko, as the windows version
of dfu-util is very slow, i would like to
use the nandwrite (I have a working h:1 , so I put the jffs2 file into the
sd).

as I read on the wiki, the #cat /proc/mtd  should show a 'rootfs' ... but
when I run this command on my h:1

there is no rootfs and the mtd6 is called 'system' .... needless to say when
I attempt to flash the /mtd6 the command
fails as it says the Input file does not fit into device....

So, that means is impossible to flash the device using the nandwrite
command?

Is there any other way, like to put the image into a uSD and then boot and
flash (like the Android for example) ?

Thank you in advance,

Chris