little python script to clean up double entries in /usr/lib/opkg/status

Jan Girlich vollkorn at cryptobitch.de
Tue May 4 18:22:07 CEST 2010

Am Dienstag, den 04.05.2010, 16:38 +0200 schrieb neo at el-hennig.de:
> > for some reason I often suffer from double (or triple or...) entries in
> > my /usr/lib/opkg/status and decided to write a little script that
> > removes double entries. To be safe I opted to remove the newer entries
> > and keep only the oldest.
>
> However, the script does to take the version into account. That led to the deletion of the newer version in my case. No big deal as I checked the results before putting the chnaged file into place, but still you might want to change this.

Thanks. Actually it does not take any version information into account,
just leaves the last entry which is the oldest version. This is on
purpose because my problems are mainly caused by opkg crashing due to
too little RAM or diskspace and I don't know if I can be sure the new
packet version was installed properly. I remove the newer versions and
then do an update to be sure to have a stable system (and maybe get old
files removed when uninstalling old package versions).

Thanks for the input, I'll consider putting an option into the script.
Jan