latest SHR unstable: neo theme not working well, can't close apps anymore, qwo keyboard breaks starter

Jan Girlich vollkorn at cryptobitch.de
Wed May 5 01:15:43 CEST 2010

Wooha,

after playing around too much with my installation today I broke it and
reflashed my Freerunner with the lastest SHR unstable. And am stuck!
Where do you guys keep up to date regarding the changes in the SHR apps?

I installed shr-theme-neo again and noticed that the background and
symbol font on the starter are black and thus the app names are
unreadable. Changing the wallpaper does not change anything, the
background stays plain black.

The newly designed top bar does and "power button"-screen do not allow
to close an application as they did before. So now when I open an app
which has no "quit" button like tnagogps and then open another one, I'm
stuck. I can't go back to the already opened instance because the left
and right arrows to switch between apps are missing, and even if I
could, I didn't know how to close it again. Tapping the tangopgs symbol
again doesn't do anything: neither changing to the already opened
instance out of sight nor opening a new one. How can I close apps? How
can I switch between them?

I really like the qwo keyboard, when I change the keyboard setting to
qwo it permanently is overlayed on the screen, about middle of the
screen, left side, and all app starter symbols are blanking out so I
can't see any app anymore. qwo stays like this no matter what the
topbars keyboard indicator status is and I have no clue how to make qwo
go away and only appear when I tap the keyboard indicator icon like the
default keyboard does.

Any help appreciated
Jan