GSM Phone Simulation

saravanan T saravanadel at gmail.com
Wed May 5 19:51:58 CEST 2010

Hello,
Can you guys please guide on how to simulate gsm calls in the emulator.
In openmoko.org, I found that gsm calls can be emulated through phonesim. I
have enabled phonesim while building the qemu by --enable-phone-sim
(found here QPE 4.3.0 plus QEMU « Account of my
unadventures<http://unadventure.wordpress.com/2007/10/28/qpe-430-plus-qemu/>)
compiler flags. But I cannot run the phonesim gui.

Q1.How do I run the phonesim gui app. I tried downloading the source
compiling it, but it needs qt installed. I downloaded the qt sdk from nokia
(qt source sdk).Compiled and
installed,but no use.Please sugggest a way to run the phonesim gui.

Q2.Can I make calls between the simulator (like in android). If so how.?

Q3.Is there any app like phonesim used to emulate gsm?
Not the atinterface, because in the link I mentioned above it says that
atinterface run on qtopia, and is used to expose the modem.

*Please help regarding this issue.*
Thank You

Regards
Saravana.L

*
*
*My Steps*
1.Download the kernel (Mine:2.6.28.10). Make the kernel by setting the
options in the configuration.(I enabled all the options except the first one
which says ' Enable support for usb gadgets' , as this option was not found)
2.Install the kernel.
3.modprobe, and adding gadget to fstab. mounting /dev/gadget

After that I checked my config-host.h in qemu (it has CONFIG_GADGETS =1).( I
did some google search and found this)
Then started the emulator by rebuilding it(make qemu).
After the emulator starts when I enter this in the qemu_moniter 'usb_add
gadget:1', then it hangs.

*Error Log:*
In the emulator it says 'Could not remove USB Device 0.5'
In the shell it says
'gadget_ep_setup: endpoint configuration failed :-22'
's3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun'
'pcf_write:automatic: fast -charge enabled'
's3c_udc_handle_packet: EP0 overrun'

I have checked this in Ubuntu 9.04 - Jaunty Jackalope - Quad Core
I have also tried this in the weekend in my vmware in macos - Ubuntu Karmic
9.10 (Kernel tried - 2.6.31.10)

In both the os the same problem occurs.
Please help regarding this issue, as I am stuck getting the shell of the
simulator to send command and pppd is also not working.. The terminal in the
simulator, is not so good.I cannot also install any other terminal package
without the shell.

Regards
Saravanan.L